No, in order to keep our frames entirely non-toxic we use a small amount of beeswax to help waterproof the bamboo.
Are the lenses polarized? Do they provide UV/UVA protection?
Yes! Our lenses are polarized at filter level 3 (or "very dark tint"). This is the dark end of the general purpose category and is suitable for bright sun, as well as reflected light from snow or water.
Do the sunglasses come with a case?
Yes! Our sunglasses are shipped in recycled cardboard packaging and each pair is protected with a reusable hard bamboo case and microfiber cloth pouch that can also be used to keep your Panda's polished!
How much do they weigh?
Panda Originals weigh about .8oz or 22g on average, the Ultralights are less (about .6oz or 17g). The weight of the frame will vary with the frame style.
Whats the difference between Ultralight and Original?
Mostly the weight and thickness. Panda Originals are going to be a little bit heavier with slightly thicker frames. They weigh about .8oz and will float in water! Panda Ultralights frames are about half the width of the Originals and weigh in at roughly .6oz. All purchases from either collection give the Gift of Vision to someone in need.
I have a small crack in my frames, can they be fixed?
Absolutely! One of our favorite things about wood is the beauty and durability of wood grain. Most small cracks can be easily fixed with a small bit of wood glue, and will be completely unnoticeable once the glue has dried. Of course, if you'd rather a replacement, please reach out to email@example.com with a warranty request.
How should I clean my glasses?
You can buff out any smudges with a microfiber cleaning cloth. If your glasses didn't come with one, just let Zookeeper know and we'll send you one free of charge!
How do these sunglasses make the world a better place?
Your purchase of our eco-friendly bamboo sunglasses helps both people and the planet like this:
1. 1% of your purchase goes directly back to a charity dedicated to helping the planet through our partnership with 1% for the Planet.
2. For ever pair purchased, someone in need is given the Gift of Vision through our partnership with Optometry Giving Sight. This means that someone in need received a life-changing eye-exam and pair of prescription glasses! Plus OGS has some incredible initiatives underway to help sustainable address the more than 80 million people living with correctable impaired vision.
3. Your choice of sustainable materials over single-use plastics has an impact on our worldwide marketplace. By increasing the demand for materials that are kind to our planet you send a clear message to brands that the era of fast fashion is done. Green is the new black.
What are your watches made from?
Our watches are crafted from sustainable bamboo, eco-friendly Portuguese cork and recycled metals.
How does they ship? Do they come with a box?
All WearPanda watches are shipped in recycled cardboard and brown paper protected by a beautiful bamboo box. For our Dreamer and Traveler watches, we replaced the traditional watch pillow with a reusable shopping bag made from recycled plastics.
How do these watches make the world a better place?
Your purchase of our eco-friendly watch will benefit both the planet and people like this:
1. As a proud member of 1% for the Planet, 1% of all sales go directly to charities dedicated to help protect our planet.
2. Every purchase of a WearPanda watch gives the Gift of Education to someone in need through our partnership with Pencils of Promise. A charity devoted to building schools in undeserved areas. Additionally, sales of the Naturalist benefit the Washington National Parks Fund, the official charitable fund of some of the Pacific Northwest's most beautiful landscapes.
3. By choosing to buy from a company that gives back you've chosen fashion a purpose. That may not seem like much, but everyday billions of purchases are made, and that's billions of opportunities to give back. Your choice sends a message to the marketplace that it's time to take advantage of those opportunities. Giving back means we all go forward.
Orders & General
Will you give me a discount if I place a bulk order for my wedding party/group event?
Probably! :) We're suckers for a good love story. Send us an email and let us know what you're looking for (styles, group size, etc) and we'll do our best to help with your special day.
What if the style I want is out of stock?
Don't despair! We run out sometimes, it happens. We'll probably have your favorite style back pretty soon. In the meantime, you can always email email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or send us a message on social media.
I'm not sure what style is best for me. Can you help?